Pass It On candles are made with 100% pure soy wax. This creates the cleanest burning medium and a high level of fragrance yield. Our candles are free of additives, dyes, phthalates, or oil based petroleum products.
Our candles are made of sustainable materials and are designed to encourage our users to give the candles a second life by repurposing them as planting pots.
Pass It On candle lid labels are made of biodegradable, plantable paper embedded with seeds. Store the lid labels in a dry place like your drawer if you're not ready to plant it just yet!
Each candle also comes with compressed soil pellets to make planting our seed paper more convenient for you.
Watch this video to learn how to repurpose our Pass It On candles:
1. When the candle is done burning, clean out the pot with warm water and soap.
2. Remove tissue around the compressed soil pellet and add about 3 tablespoon of water to let the compressed soil expand. Do the same for 2 - 3 compressed soil pellets and fill the pot with expanded soil.
3. Tear the candle lid paper into small pieces (half of the lid will do the trick) and plant them into the soil. Ensure the pieces are covered with a thin layer of soil. Do not bury the pieces too deeply, otherwise sunlight will be unable to reach the seeds and this may impair its ability to grow.
4. Ensure the seeds are watered evenly and regularly everyday. Note: the seed paper should remain moist and not drowned in water.
5. Place the pot in a sunny area (and ideally a place that you pass by often!)
6. Under the right conditions, seeds will grow in 2-3 weeks time. The seed mix includes Black-eyed Susan, Sesame, Basil and other wildflowers.