Build A Crank Operated Doorbell DIY Kit
Why we love this!
This kit lets kids make their very own wooden hand-crank doorbell for their room, complete with gears, bike bell, screws, washers and nuts. They’ll learn how gears work, along with the crank, rack, pinion and cogwheels. Once it’s built, turn the crank to watch the gears start to move and push the hammer that hits the bell. The doorbell can be painted and there are four holes on the base so that it can be screwed to a door.
How it works?
Start by detaching the gears from the wooden planks, then clearly identify all the small parts and the hardware. Once assembled, you can paint it to personalize it and nail it to your bedroom door (there are 4 holes on the sides for this purpose). Then, no more question of going home without ringing the bell!
What are you going to learn?
- The different types of gears: gear trains, rack, pinion, circular, etc.
- The ratios to calculate the speed at which the gears turn
- The friction effect, the crank
What's in the kit?
You will find wooden elements: three large wooden gears, a large board and small parts to assemble. There are also hardware: nuts, screws, rings, washers, wing nuts, a hair elastic and a bicycle bell.
- Dimensions - 27 cm x 18 cm x 5 cm
- Recommended age - 8+ and above
- Each kit contains an illustrated brochure in 5 languages; English, French, Spanish, German & Dutch, with a step-by-step with very clear explanations and large illustrations
With every purchase of this item, we will donate a portion of the proceeds to plant 1 tree with our NGO partner Eden Reforestation Projects.
Thank you for being part of our mission to make this world a greener place!
We offer free shipping within Singapore for orders SGD80 and above! Otherwise, find out the various ways you can pick up our products here. 😎